Dirty Bird AR-15 SMRS Handguard - Slim M-LOK Rail System
- Calculated at Checkout
The SMRS (Slim M-LOK Rail System) by Dirty Bird Industries is a high quality and feature packed M-LOK hanguard designed for AR15 platform rifles and pistols. When designing this handguard, the team started from a basic set of requirements: The handguard must be tough, versatile, practical and have a straight forward install.
- Machined from aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum extrusions.
- Anti-rotation tabs.
- Type 3 hard anodizing or Cerakote™ sprayed at 1 mil thickness per spec.
- M-LOK attachment slots on all sides (except top)
- 1913 Picatinny top rail with shaved and beveled center section.
- Raised QD attachment points at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions.
- Snag free design with smooth, uniform octagonal surface ideal for accessory attachment or application of specialty coatings or patterns.
- No extraneous cuts in the aluminum simply for the sake of weight savings or enhanced visual appearance.
- Aircraft Grade aluminum barrel nut. In our tests, the aluminum barrel nuts are just as effective when torqued to spec. Additionally, the weight savings enable us to utilize a longer barrel nut design which means more surface area at the attachment point without adding unnecessary weight.
- Compatible with most known low profile gas blocks.
Straight Forward Installation
- No frills clamp-on style installation using only a 1-3/16 Crow's Foot wrench and 5/32" Allen key
- Barrel nut does not requiring timing with the gas tube. No shims required.
The end result is a great looking, zero compromise handguard suitable for a wide variety of builds.
Made in the USA
Dirty Bird Industries' Limited Lifetime Warranty
Black, Magpul™ FDE, Magpul™ OD Green, Midnight Bronze
1.7" Maximum Vertical ID (for considering vertical height of gas blocks)
Weight (including mounting hardware)
9.5" - 9oz
13.5" - 11.4oz
15" - 12.4oz